Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fancies 9: Weekend Thrifting

Jeans $30 H&M, Shirt $190 Musthaves, Hat $135 Net-a-Porter, Earrings $20 StoreEnvy, Bag $3,075 Net-a-Porter, Sandals $40 G by Guess, Bracelets $23 Warehouse

Hello there lovelies! :) How are we all doing on this wonderful Friday? It's nothing but dreary here in NJ but I'm glad I'm able to stay home today and watch chick flicks that I can't watch with my boyfriend or even my mom because they both hate romantic comedies. I think the only "girly" movie my mom has ever watched with me was Sex and the City 2 and it was simply because we decided to randomly go to the movies and that was the one movie that was playing close to the time we wanted, haha. Plus this allows for some me time anyway.

Anywho, Does anyone feel like this week has gone by really fast? I'm so excited the weekend is here though because unlike many of my past Friday Fancies posts where my weekends usually involved studying and spending my days in pajamas, this weekend (and next weekend and the weekend after that!) I actually have plans! I know you were all thinking I didn't have a social life but I promise I do! ..... sometimes, haha. Tomorrow, I'm going to a bar in the city with friends during the day and Sunday I'm going to Hell's Kitchen flea market for the very first time and I'm also going to explore the city for good thrift stores with my friend. I'm so excited! The outfit above is what I would wear (sans budget) for a thrifting date/blate. Does it count as a blate if we were friends before we started blogging? Probably not, haha.

I first fell in love with the bag and how earthy it felt and having a messenger bag while browsing through flea markets is ideal because it means your hands are free to look at more goodies. I kept it casual with a loose shirt and boyfriend jeans because there is seriously nothing more comfortable in the world. I topped that off with a straw hat (just in case its sunny!), flat sandals for all the walking, and some cute red accessories to add a pop of color. What do you guys think?

Check out more Friday Fancies at {long distance loving}!

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that bag and top! Have a great weekend.

Carlito86 said...

Love the shoes and jeans. I haven't worn jeans in so many years but this post really makes me wanna! xx

Dawniebee12 said...

I love, love, love that bag and those earrings! Perfect for market shopping!
www.atfirstblushbeauty.com

Elaine said...

Such a super cute look!! I love it!

Stephanie said...

I love those earrings!!!!

From Broadway said...

Really like that shirt!!

Sick by Trend said...

Love that shirt, also the hat and those pants!!! :D

xx

Have a nice weekend!

www.sickbytrend.com

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

i love the beaded feather earrings and the hat! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think the shirt is very unique and interesting, I love shirts that are casual but stand out more than just a simple tee :)

I love comments! come vist my blog?
www.buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com

LO' said...

I just discovered your blog and I have to say it's so great ! :D
You're really pretty and I love this outfit !
xxx
Laura

ali v. said...

Stefany! I'm always so impressed with just how well everything coordinates in your outfits...I love love love how it all works together! I love those bracelets especially :) can't wait to see more Friday’s Fancies from you tomorrow! xoxo {av}

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

All pictures and photography belong to ©Inspiration By S unless otherwise stated. Pictures may be used with prior consent from Stefany Ovalles and must be linked back to this blog. Thank you.