Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Fancies 10: Colorblock Me

Shorts - Ruche $38.99, Shirt - Urban Outfitters $69.00, Bag - Melie Bianco $63.00, Sandals - Aldo $40.00, Earrings and Ring - Forever21 $3.80 and $5.80 respectively.

It is officially Friday! Yay!! I'm so happy that it's finally starting to feel like summer and more especially, that I have my boyfriend here to take in this beautiful weather with me. On Wednesday, we decided to have a dinner date in Hoboken followed by a trip to a candy shop where we selected some treats that were devoured later on that night and the following day. We're big on candy. Thursday was my best friend's graduation (congratulations Samantha!). I'm so thankful I was able to partake in her special day. And well, today, the boy and I are going to run a couple boring errands, walk around a bit, and have a date tonight so for this Friday Fancies, I wanted to pick out an outfit that could go from day to night (since we're probably not going to have the chance to come back and change) and still look good for both occasions. Plus, I've always wanted to experiment with some color blocking so I thought this might be the perfect opportunity for that. I am crazy for all things teal/turquoise/mint green and I have always have been so I think I'm a bit obsessed with this particular color blocking combo. I have even incorporated this obsession into my choice of accessories.
These are the two rings I purchased from Hell's Kitchen Flea Market last weekend. I love the detail on both of the rings and that I was able to negotiate the price down to something I wanted to pay. Then again, I probably would have bought them anyway, haha. I also have tons of blue/teal/green earrings that I love!

What are you guys doing this weekend? Brett and I are going to Ikea tomorrow to shop around a bit for things to organize my desk area and watch the planes from Newark Airport take off since it's right across from Ikea's foodcourt. In other words, we're probably staying in Ikea all day. We walk around all of the showrooms and pick out things that we would want in our future apartment someday. It's a little fun seeing what things we both love and seeing what things we completely disagree on. I know I'm going to love being able to decorate with him once we get our own place. I.Cannot.Wait. Then, we have a ice cream double date with my friend and her boyfriend in Hoboken at night. Sunday, we're going to Rutgers for one of the last times to hand in our keys to our college houses and Monday we're going to my family's house in New York for a Memorial Day BBQ. I missed the smell of BBQ and summer. :) Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend. 

Yay Friday!

More Friday Fancies at {long distance loving}!

14 comments:

Erin said...

i love that forever 21 ring! x

Sam W. said...

hope you have a lovely weekend!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love the shorts!! have a great weekend, sounds like you have a LOT of fun plans! love the idea of an ice cream date. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

sohirach said...

I NEED YOUR HELP! if you could stop by my blog and look at the most recent post, that will explain everything. thank you. :)

follow me?
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Sick by Trend said...

Love those shorts, the color is cute and those rings are gorgeous!

xx

Have a nice weekend!!

www.sickbytrend.com

Anonymous said...

Great post, The outfit set looks great! I'm not a fan of teal, but I'm loving navy now. Stop by some time!
lots of love from your follower, Veena <3

http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Love the sandals and the shorts!!

kisses

style me steph

Esther said...

Love your outfit!
xxxx

Unknown said...

those shorts are sooooooo cute! and those rings are fantastic finds! this is my first stop by your blog & i will definitely be back for more :) you have lovely style. hope you are having an amazing weekend!

Mariel Torres said...

F21 has the best rings! everything on this post is gorgeous lady

Ria S said...

Love those shorts and sandals! Have a fab weekend :)

Mai said...

Love both rings!

Unknown said...

I want that bag and those AMAZING shorts. I loove that turquoise ring! they are so striking :) have fun at ikea!

xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Hope you are having an amazing long weekend, darling and those shorts are so cute! Love them. Kisses and hugs

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

All pictures and photography belong to ©Inspiration By S unless otherwise stated. Pictures may be used with prior consent from Stefany Ovalles and must be linked back to this blog. Thank you.