Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Fancies: Easter Sunday

Dress - Kohls $21.99 Blazer - ASOS $116.55 Earrings and Necklace - Forever21 both $2.80 Shoes - Ruche $38.99 Bag - Kate Spade $495

So seeing as this Sunday is Easter, I made this Friday Fancies with the holiday in mind. For my very first Easter my mother dressed me up so that I looked like a snowball walking down the street. I had a puffy white dress with a white fur coat and white shoes with frilly socks; the works. I laugh every time I see that picture because you can't even really see me, all you see is white. From there I upgraded to dresses with green or pink trimming until one day I put my foot down and said I didn't want to dress up for Easter anymore and my mom stopped buying pretty dresses for me. Looking back now, I wish I still dressed up for Easter. Now I love the idea of a cute spring dress to wear (maybe not with the frilly socks though, sorry mom!). Isn't that how life always works? You hate something when you're younger and you miss it when you're older. We're really never satisfied. 
Well, this Easter Brett and I are going to my mom's house to celebrate with her and if the weather was nicer (it's supposed to rain all weekend) I could see myself definitely wearing this outfit. I love lace so when I saw this dress, I literally squealed a little (and maybe purchased it). Because it's not ridiculously warm out just yet, I paired the dress with a white blazer and added pink/peach accessories to add a pop of color to the outfit. What do you guys think? 

What are you guys doing this weekend? Today and tomorrow will be spent doing homework so I can't wait for Sunday to roll around so I can see my mother and eat some of her delicious food! :) Did I really wish for Sunday to come? I might be losing it, haha.

Happy Friday and Happy Easter!

18 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love the sandals girl! great picks :) have a fantastic weekend and enjoy your easter dinner! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes!! :D

kisses xoxo

www.stylemesteph.com

Rachel said...

Love the shoes - and under $40? Even better!

Unknown said...

that's a really lovely set of clothes. Perfect for this weekend. In england we get 4 days off work so we're enjoying the unusually hot weather and hanging with friends and family. Hope you have a lovely easter weekend :)
x
http://julesandclem.blogspot.com/

Janelle Haskin said...

Love that bag! Happy Easter and Earth Day!! :)

xo
Janelle

www.janellehaskin.etsy.com

christine donee said...

those shoes are heavenly.

Chelsealauren said...

that dress is from h&m?!?!? :o
i love it.

your "friday fancies" posts are absolutely adorable darl'n! kinda sorta obsessed..

and i hear ya about missing the fashions of being a little kiddo.. ha, the grass is always greener on the other side, eh?

but i love this ensemble, perrrrfect for Easter!

infinite x's & o's,
chelsea

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

That bag is splendid!! Loving the color and everything about it!! Great outfit!

Hope you have a lovely easter weekend! ;)

Kat said...

that lace dress is soo pretty!! hope you have a good easter :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Meera said...

Love the bag! These pieces are so pretty, and perfect for Spring.
Lovely blog! I will be stopping by more often. <3

xx
Meera

Ioana Liliana said...

Beautiful set! Happy Eater to you too!


Fashezine

Kathleen said...

i really love all these pastel easter colors, they're gorgeous for a perfect spring outfit! :)
happy easter girl! :)

<3, Kathleen.

cryskay said...

great picks! love the shoes and the purse! xx

Unknown said...

love that lace dress! this is such a cute outfit girl :) I used to wear frilly socks too!!

xoxo

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

pretty dress! i love the grey sandals! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

I V Y said...

i'm loving these neutral tones! beautiful. great bag. want.


blog
twitter
zebra and meerkat shop

Sam W. said...

awesome bag! love the look.

i hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

ali v. said...

Love love love this post--first of all, I love it for the funny memory of your first Easter...and secondly, I love it for the FASHION. You seriously have quite the eye, my dear. I am so happy to have you as a Friday’s Fancies faithful! I really wish I could do the neutral look half as well as you! Hope you had a fabulous Easter and that I'll see another gorgeous post from you tomorrow! xoxo {av}

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

All pictures and photography belong to ©Inspiration By S unless otherwise stated. Pictures may be used with prior consent from Stefany Ovalles and must be linked back to this blog. Thank you.