Monday, January 3, 2011

& the world spins madly on ...

I'm posting again, yes. =] I like the freedom of being able to update my blog more often now that I'm home. I also have to make up for the fact that I'll go on another small hiatus starting this upcoming Saturday as I'll be in Vegas til the 12th. I've probably exhausted you guys with the mentioning of this trip, I know. Haha. I'm just so ridiculously excited.

My boss gave me a Fujifilm Instax Mini today as a very late birthday present (my birthday was in August) and I'm seriously in love. I've always been a huge fan of Polaroid pictures but didn't even know Fujifilm made a Polaroid camera 'til earlier this year. Luckily, my boss is awesome and heard me obsess over this for a while and bought it for me! I'll definitely let you guys know how it works out with my new found love.

Even looking at a picture of it makes me all giddy inside. I'm upgrading to a SLR camera hopefully within the next couple of weeks but I absolutely adore my new toy. And now that my obsession has subsided (for now), I bring you to the real reason I'm posting. Care to see the picture that inspired the outfit?

This is a picture of a building in my town that faces the water. I don't know why but I'm fascinated by it every time I pass by it. I think it's because to me it looks like a ship. Do you guys see it? Maybe I'm just a little crazy. And now what I wore ...

I apologize that it looks like I'm being blown away in all of these photos. The wind was ridiculous! I found it difficult to keep my hair out of my face and then just gave up. What do you guys think? The sweaters and jeans are from Forever21, the shoes are from Aldo, and I'm not entirely sure where the accessories are from. I have quite the collection of necklaces dating back to when I was 15 so it's hard to remember where I got most of them. Sorry! =/ Now I'm off to watch Pretty Little Liars before I go to sleep. Is anyone else as obsessed with this show as I am?! I mostly just want the teacher, Ezra. (Sorry B =p).

24 comments:

Kat said...

that building is gorgeous... i can see why you stop and stare! and i don't blame you for crushing on ezra... he's rather dreamy! <3

Vida said...

This outfit is cute, I like the blue =) Yay for SLRs! Did you figure out which one you're gonna get?

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I would be enamored with that building too! So gorgeous. And I love that Polaroid camera...so fun!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Such a pretty building! Pretty outfit too!

Brittany said...

Your hair is beautiful! You look great :) oh and I loved your comment about striving to be a better person year round..ahh you're awesome!

http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, your boss is so generous for giving you such a beautiful present!
As for the outfit, I love the jeans and I think the wind adds a nice touch to the pictures! :)

xxx
Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

So lovely of your boss..That is such a great camera:) Love your outfit too. Happy Tuesday, sweetie

Sam W. said...

fab outfit. love the sweater! enjoy your new camera :)

LOLA FINN said...

Thanx :)
Lovely cardigan <3

Aie Corpuz said...

Cute camera! =)

Unknown said...

love your outfit x

Eva Schön said...

Love your cardi.. and your hair! Great blog, my dear!

Kat said...

lovely outfit!! that camera is sooo cute! :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

cristina petre said...

great gift! :X
love the building too, it looks amazing!
and great outfit;)

LabelSnob said...

Love the outfit and can't wait to hear how you are liking the camera!

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know that cam comes in brown! Looks cool :P Also, cute cardigan : )

xx The Little Dust Princess

Estelle said...

Hehe you look so cute being blown away by the wind! I have the same camera but I had to buy it for myself, you're so lucky! You will be so addicted...I have this theory that a polaroid can never turn out bad...I can have 100 photos of me looking terrible on a digital camera but somehow one shot at a polaroid turns out looking good! Also, I totally thought that building looked like a ship coming up to a harbour...its not just you :) Thanks so much for commenting on my blog lovely x x x

ashandbelle.blogspot.com

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

1. 100% jealous of your vegas trip! my friends and I are planning a trip there in July! I'm already so excited!
2. i LOVE pretty little liars!!
3. polaroid camera = SO CUTE!

Jane said...

my favorite picture of this shoot is the third one! ahhh, so pretty =) and you got a Polaroid?! so jealous, we have to play with our cameras once we get back to school. and VEGAS THIS WEEKEND!!!! we must meet up <3

Laura said...

so jelly about the camera AND the trip to Vegas!

cute outfit :)


xx

Rosy P. said...

Okay I have so many things to comment on and I dont know where to start! haha
1)Thank you for the compliment, I'm working on capturing her style even better.
2)I live in Vegas! I hope you have an awesome time! (:
3)I digg where you got your inspiration from. Thats very cool, I never thought of composing an outfit from a thing like that but I think you got the colors magnificently.
4)I mostly watch PLL for Ezra tooo >.< haha

minnja said...

This is so WOW :)))))))))

LOVE
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love your outfit! This is great that you were inspired by a building and it only proves my theory that inspiration is everywhere....we just have to look around!
- Marie

dulci said...

i want that camera!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

All pictures and photography belong to ©Inspiration By S unless otherwise stated. Pictures may be used with prior consent from Stefany Ovalles and must be linked back to this blog. Thank you.